Afro Innovation has received funding from the Big Lottery ‘Reaching Communities’ Fund to deliver the BASE Back-to-Work Project.
The BASE Project provides advice, information, support, and advocacy to people who are looking to access training, volunteering, and employment opportunities in Leicester and the surrounding area. Our project supports refugees, migrants, and jobseekers living in Leicester and Leicestershire to access appropriate training and employment opportunities.
- one-to-one meetings where we assess you and plan your way forward
- advice and support in finding a job that’s right for you
- employability workshops
- English and IT skills
- help with job search, CVs and interviews
- work experience opportunities.
Afro Innovation understand the barriers that refugees and jobseekers face in trying to access employment. Issues like housing, access to welfare benefits, debt, and social isolation can present obstacles in progressing towards paid work. We are here to help people address these issues. Our BASE Project users also benefit from practical support in the following areas:
- Help with accessing essential public services and systems such as education and health
- Supporting and representing clients to public services
- Housing support
- Help with welfare benefit applications
- Befriending service for socially isolated people in need of social interaction.
COME AND SEE US
60 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1FB
0116 208 1341